It occurred to me that there might be some interest in what I’ve learned while dating online.
Angst is the key word. There is the ebb and flow of strangers seeking companionship with one another. How can you be sure that it’s legit?
Plus, having had several less than desirable experiences, I have developed a list of 10 thought provoking rules.
Unwritten Rules for Men Seeking Intelligent Women
- Do not send me a picture of how you looked 20 years ago.
- Do not send me a picture of your dog. I’m not looking for a pet.
- Do not send me a picture of your couch.
- Do not send me a picture of your bare chest.
- Do not forget to mention the fact you have a wife.
- Do not act like you’ve known me forever when you see me.
- Do not grab my hands across the table after five minutes. It’s embarrassing.
- If you let me pick up the check, please don’t try to hug or kiss me goodbye.
- Do not put … “I’ll tell you later” on all the profile questions. For sure, later will never come.
- Don’t advertise yourself as a liberal and then upon meeting me, and offering me a seriously conservative diatribe, explain that you’re a liberal conservative.
Do any of you have any other suggestions about dating online? If so, please send me a message and I’ll add it. Would love to hear from you! Share your stories!