Dabbling in Online Dating?

It occurred to me that there might be some interest in what I’ve learned while dating online.

66ec307f89becd5b04d6ed2218143ed4.jpg

Angst is the key word. There is the ebb and flow of strangers seeking companionship with one another. How can you be sure that it’s legit?

Plus, having had several less than desirable experiences, I have developed a list of 10 thought provoking rules.

Unwritten Rules for Men Seeking Intelligent Women

1. Do not send me a picture of how you looked 20 years ago.
  2. Do not send me a picture of your dog. I’m not looking for a pet.
  3. Do not send me a picture of your couch.
  4. Do not send me a picture of your bare chest.
  5. Do not forget to mention the fact you have a wife.
  6. Do not act like you’ve known me forever when you see me.
  7. Do not grab my hands across the table after five minutes. It’s embarrassing.
  8. If you let me pick up the check, please don’t try to hug or kiss me goodbye.
  9. Do not put … “I’ll tell you later” on all the profile questions. For sure, later will never come.
  10. Don’t advertise yourself as a liberal and then upon meeting me, and offering me a seriously conservative diatribe, explain that you’re a liberal conservative.

Do any of you have any other suggestions about dating online? If so, please send me a message and I’ll add it. Would love to hear from you! Share your stories!

8 thoughts on “Dabbling in Online Dating?

1. Benjie Blase January 25, 2016 / 9:31 pm

Those are some good suggestions for men! They need all the help they can get! 😊

• Darla Bartos January 27, 2016 / 8:31 am

I’ve heard similar remarks from men. Believe me, they’ve had just as many issues as I’ve had! But onward and upward!

2. Maggie January 25, 2016 / 10:07 pm

Most of your comments are quite familiar to me. I will list just a few of mine.
    1. We had a nice lunch, we walked toward my car. He kissed me in front of a new car, very beautiful. But , when I told him that my car was the 1993, he said he didn’t think we were a match.
    2. Well, this one didn’t stop talking about a movie he saw, without taking a breather. At one point I almost fell asleep. He got upset because he said I was no paying attention. How could I??
    3. I invited this person to my condo(mistake and dumb of me). He could barely get up the stairs, holding a bottle of wine half consumed. He barely got up the stairs. I thought he would pass out.And…this was nothing. I prepared some diner. When finished he asked me if he could watch a football game. You can imagine how I felt. I said some strong words. I guess it worked, because shortly after that he left.

• Darla Bartos January 27, 2016 / 8:30 am

Maggie, now that’s what I’m looking for! Great stories from real life!! Thanks for responding.

3. b bartos January 26, 2016 / 12:49 am

Online dating seems like a good way to get a laugh and to meet some interesting people! Keep the stories coming…

4. Lisa Cone January 28, 2016 / 8:53 am

I have not ventured into the world of online dating, but I am collecting stories or, better yet, lines from stories that could come in handy in the future. One thing I’ve heard is how to gracefully detach from someone that is not a fit. My favorite so far is, “I talked with my therapist and she says I’m not ready to date yet.”

5. ddxfish January 28, 2016 / 6:40 pm

Hey that is actually pretty funny.