What Inspires You?

Does inspiration sometimes surprise you?

The other morning I’d just whispered a thought to the universe, a prayer, a wish. I wanted inspiration.

I opened the drapes and stared through the sliding glass doors into the backyard.  At first I couldn’t believe it. I thought I was seeing a vision. I eased back the door and hoped it wouldn’t move.  I clicked my iPhone. I paused. I stepped a foot closer and clicked. Finally I was as close as I would dare and took the final shot, ruffling feathers (a pun intended.) A glorious robin still as a statue looked back at me.

I began to reflect on how much the environment inspires me. And how much I take it for granted, the beauty all about me. It’s easy to walk past trees, the old neighborhood, and continue my journey without blinking. But the natural beauty is exquisite.

Appreciating nature is good practice. Appreciating almost any aspect of it.

What I truly love is waiting for the moon. It often surprises me.

MOON

The other evening I trudged up my stairs having had a difficult day and there was a majestic full moon. I sighed as I breathed in and let the beams of light wash over me. The relaxation alone was worth the couple of minutes it took for me to simply admire it and be inspired by it. Steady as she goes. Continuing to carry forward, always showing up. Endless are the possibilities of reflection.

Try it. Let me know what inspires you. Leave a message…

8 thoughts on “What Inspires You?

1. b bartos May 26, 2013 / 8:04 pm

Inspiration comes from a wide variety of things around me. Hip Hop and spider webs. Justice and Darla Bartos.

• Maggie July 11, 2014 / 5:42 pm

I completely love your blog about “what inspires you.” There are many things or and people that inspire me..At the begining of Spring I look out from my balcony and admire nature. It is like the beginning of life and the journey to the end. Even the desert has its beauty!

2. BB May 26, 2013 / 8:42 pm

I love your reading your thoughts!

3. rebeccagrace2013 May 28, 2013 / 7:48 am

Nature can always inspire me, but music can do it too. And sometimes a well written sentence just grabs me!

4. Judy June 15, 2013 / 5:40 pm

You inspire me, t
    You are always and forever evolving and growing. It is a wonderful thing to watch.

5. BB June 15, 2013 / 7:24 pm

You should put all of these in a short paper back book, food for thought.

6. Hilda June 28, 2013 / 5:46 am

I find your thoughts deeply spiritual. Thanks for posting such a wonderful inspiration.

• dspbb June 28, 2013 / 6:05 am

thank you so much. that means the world to me. d.